English Grammar Pattern 92
(1) "Now that" + (2) Finished Action + (3) Result
(1) Now that (2) we're finished, (3) we can relax.
In grammar Pattern 92, we begin with the phrase "Now that", then add an action
that is finished, followed at last by the result, which is usually in the form of a
sentence. It is possible to invert the sentence, using "now that" in the middle and
stating the result first.
Pronunciation Practice - Repeat each sentence out loud!
1. Now that I'm an adult, I can eat and drink whatever I want!
Conversation Practice - Ask these questions to your friends!
2. I can get more sleep now that I'm not so busy.
3. Now that we're ready to start, why don't we start!
4. She's ready to start cooking, now that she's prepared all the food.
5. Now that you've gotten a promotion, what are you going to do first?
1. What will you do next, now that today's lesson is almost finished?
2. Now that the weekend is almost here, what are your plans?
3. Now that you've learned many new sentences, what do you want to talk about?
4. What are your plans, now that a new year has come? (If it has just come!)
5. How will your life be different, now that you're married? (If you have just gotten married!)
Send this page to a friend: