English Grammar Pattern 88
(1) Before / After / During / While + (2) Two Verbs
(1) After I (2) visited Paris, I (2) decided
to learn to speak French well.
I (2) decided to learn to speak French well (1) after
I (2) visited Paris.
Grammar Pattern 88 is the first "very long sentence" we will look at. The adverb, such as
"before", "after", "during" or "while", can be at the beginning or at the end, as you can see
in the model sentences.
Pronunciation Practice - Repeat each sentence out loud!
1. Before I came here, I was not sure wanted to come.
Conversation Practice - Ask these questions to your friends!
2. After I decided, I started to worry about my decision!
3. She burned herself while she was cooking dinner.
4. I fell in my face while I was ice skating!
5. We learned so much during our time practicing these sentences.
1. Do you like to listen to music while you are studying?
2. What activities do you enjoy doing during the spring?
3. Before you go to work in the morning, how do you prepare?
4. After you watch a good movie, what do you like to do?
5. While you are reading an interesting book, can you have a conversation?
Send this page to a friend: