English Grammar Pattern 61
"Have you ever..." + Desire or Hope or Experience
Have you ever travelled on a ship?
This English sentence pattern is one of the best conversation starters. Start with "Have
you ever..." and then continue with the past participle (often the "ed" form) of the main
verb. You can learn a lot about your conversation partner with this pattern, then use
follow-up questions to practice speaking even more.
Pronunciation Practice - Repeat each sentence out loud!
1. Have you ever been in an accident?
Conversation Practice - Ask these questions to your friends!
2. Have you ever tried jumping from an airplane?
3. Have you ever tried to stop eating meat?
4. Have you ever seen a UFO? (Unidentified Flying Object)
5. Have you ever wanted to stop doing some bad habit?
1. Have you ever experienced an earthquake?
2. Have you ever met a famous person?
3. Have you ever travelled by motorcycle?
4. Have you ever tried to stop watching TV?
5. Have you ever thought about becoming a professional singer?
Send this page to a friend: