English Grammar Pattern 53
"Will be" + Verb + Time
Our company will be closed during the holiday.
In this grammar pattern, the verb is most often used in the '-ing' form, which means we
are talking about a continuing action in the future. We can also use the past participle,
as in the Model Sentence above.
Pronunciation Practice - Repeat each sentence out loud!
1. I'll be travelling for business the next three weeks.
2. I'll be studying until 10 o'clock tonight.
3. They'll be staying in a hotel until their roof is repaired.
4. My friend will be coming home at the end of the year.
5. A hard winter will be coming before long.
Conversation Practice - Ask these questions to your friends!
1. What will you be doing during your next vacation?
2. Where will you be going on the weekend?
3. Who will you be working with next year?
4. When will you be staying at home this month?
5. What will you be studying next year at this time?
Send this page to a friend: