English Grammar Pattern 49
"Do you think...?"
Do you think they can win the game?
Sentence Pattern 49 is a basic Yes / No question but with a longer noun phrase
at the end. This is one of the most common conversation starters in English, so
learn it perfectly!
Pronunciation Practice - Repeat each sentence out loud!
1. Do you think it will rain tomorrow?
2. Do you think they'll come here next week?
3. Does she think he will return home in the future?
4. Did they think we would pay the bill for them?
5. Do you think they will come here tomorrow?
Conversation Practice - Ask these questions to your friends!
1. Do you think you can speak English better than before?
2. Does your father think you are a good student?
3. Did you think you could become a great English speaker?
4. Did you think you could quickly start speaking English fluently?
5. Do you think you will learn another language after English?
Send this page to a friend: