English Grammar Pattern 46
That's a truly wonderful story.
Adjectives "modify" or change nouns by adding more information about the nouns. In other
words, nouns can be described in more detail using adjectives. Not only nouns, but also
adjectives can be described, or "modified". In the Model Sentence, "wonderful" is an
adjective which is modified or described by the word "truly". Recite the practice sentences
below to learn how to modify adjectives yourself.
Pronunciation Practice - Repeat each sentence out loud!
1. Is that a good book? Yes, it's a very exciting story.
2. Is your car new or old? It's quite an old car.
3. Does your friend like to dance? No, she's not a very active person.
4. Are your parents interested in travelling? No, they are extremely hard
working so they usually don't leave the city.
5. Do you live in a quiet neighborhood? No, it's quite noisy because
there are many cars.
Conversation Practice - Ask these questions to your friends!
1. Can you describe your home or apartment?
2. What kind of neighborhood do you live in?
3. Are you the kind of person who has enough time to travel?
4. Can you tell us what kind of movies or TV programs you enjoy?
5. Is your friend the type of person who will go dancing often?
Send this page to a friend: