English Grammar Pattern 42
Noun + Place + "Be" + Adjectives
The people in the car were hot and tired.
This grammar pattern is similar to
English Sentence Pattern 41 with the only difference being that you tell us
"where" (a place) you saw the thing being described by the adjectives. It's a little bit
longer than the previous pattern, so practice saying it until you can say it easily.
Pronunciation Practice - Repeat each sentence out loud!
1. The air by the sea is clean, cool and fresh.
2. The woman next to the boat was tall, beautiful and dangerous!
3. A friendly dog in your home can be fun and interesting.
4. Ten of the students in the classroom were sleepy, bored, and restless.
5. My friend from Spain is hard working and intelligent.
Conversation Practice - Ask these questions to your friends!
1. Are students in an English classroom usually bored and sleepy?
2. How can we describe workers in your country?
3. What activities do you think are fun and interesting?
4. Where can you find activities that are fun and interesting?
5. Have you ever met a woman who is tall, beautiful and dangerous? Where???
Send this page to a friend: