English Grammar Pattern 41
Noun + "Be" + Adjectives
The bread was warm, soft and tasty.
Learners of English often use single adjective to describe an object. In this grammar
pattern, students should try to use two or more adjectives together at the end of each
sentence. For many students, this is a question of pronunciation more than grammar.
In any case, practice always makes perfect.
Pronunciation Practice - Repeat each sentence out loud!
1. The air was clean, cool and fresh.
2. The car was fast and powerful.
3. My sister is intelligent, beautiful and charming.
4. We were hungry, thirsty and tired.
5. The weather was cold, windy and rainy.
Conversation Practice - Ask these questions to your friends!
1. How can you describe your family members?
2. What is your best friend like?
3. What is the weather like today?
4. What was the weather like yesterday?
5. Can you describe your favorite food?
6. What special food did you eat yesterday?
Send this page to a friend: