Grammar Pattern 35|
Those two cars belong to this company.
The most common English determiners are some, a few, many, these, those, and that.
We use determiners in English to show how much or
how many things you are talking about. In other words, we add important information
to our conversations which helps us communicate more effectively. Learn the sentence
patterns below to practice the most useful determiners in English.
Pronunciation Practice - Repeat each sentence out loud!
1. Those people are not my coworkers.
2. These books are mine but these are not.
3. Give me that book on the table.
4. Some of these magazines are interesting but many are not.
5. I like a few movies but not many.
Conversation Practice - Ask these questions to your friends!
1. Do you have many books in your home?
2. What things do you have only a few of?
3. What are some things you really enjoy?
4. Think of something you really hate. What is that?
5. Think of some things you want to do. What are those things?
Send this page to a friend: