Grammar Pattern 26|
Noun + Verb + Long Phrase
She asked me when the movie would begin.
Sentence Pattern 26 uses "connectors" such as "when", "where", "who", "why" and "that"
to build on Patterns 23, 24 and 25. This pattern allows you to add much more information
when you are communicating in English.
Pronunciation Practice - Repeat each sentence out loud!
1. He was sleeping when the telephone rang.
2. They were waiting where the road curves.
3. She was wondering why the weather was so cold.
4. I want to know who will cook dinner tonight.
5. This is the book that I bought yesterday.
Conversation Practice - Ask these questions to your friends!
1. Where were you when the sun came up this morning?
2. Have you been to a city where there is lots of rain?
3. Why is the weather colder in winter than in summer?
4. Do you know who the President of China is?
5. When is the time that you study best? ("That" is not necessary! "When is the time you study best" is okay, too!)
Send this page to a friend: