English Conversation Topic 4
Talking about alcohol
Alcohol is the most common "drug" in the world. It comes in many forms – beer, wine,
along with whiskey and other "hard" liquors. Some people drink alcohol every day, others
never drink it even once in their whole lives. Discuss drinking (or not drinking) alcohol
with your partner, starting with the questions below. If you are studying
by yourself, think about how you would answer these questions, using full sentences as
much as possible.
1. Do you like to drink alcohol? Why or why not?
2. Do you think alcohol is addictive?
3. Do you know how much alcohol is in beer?
4. Do you know how much alcohol is in whiskey?
5. Do you know anyone who is an alcoholic? (a person who drinks too much)
Here are more challenging questions on the topic of alcohol. Ask these questions
to your friends and be ready to continue the conversation by asking
follow up questions.
1. How can someone stop being an alcoholic?
2. Do you think we should try to make alcohol illegal? What might be the result if we did?
3. Why do some people drink too much alcohol?
4. Do you think alcohol is the same as a drug?
5. At what age should it be legal to drink alcohol?
Do you like this page?
Click to tell a friend!