"If your income is exceeded by your outgo then your upkeep will be your downfall.".
This is an interesting play on words. "Outgo" is not a real word, but we understand the meaning in relation to "income". "Upkeep", though a real word, is not very often used. It just means "keeping up a certain lifestyle" which can require a lot of money. But if you don't have enough income, something terrible will happen, so be careful!
1. Do you spend a lot of money or can you save a lot?
2. What do you spend most of your money on?
3. Do you enjoy simple things in life or do you have expensive tastes?
4. What can we do to save more money? (To keep our income ahead of our outgo!)
5. Some people say that if we want to succeed, we must spend money as though we are already successful. That will motivate us to work harder. Do you agree or disagree?
"Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man
is usually another woman."